Although we didn’t have winter this year, one way to note the change of seasons is to sew new clothes. I bought enough of this printed cotton lawn for a cute shirtwaist dress. Going through my patterns I decided to combine these two.Pattern on the left for skirt, pattern on the right for top. I wanted pleats, not gathering in the skirt. I had to lengthen the top down to the waist. I also knew I’d be inserting a side zipper.
I need to get better at this photography, move away from the tree, readjust the clothes better. But now I’m too lazy for a re-shoot, so here it is. the finished dress.The skirt called for two pockets, I put in one since there is a zipper on the left side.It has a lovely flow, the skirt swings.I lined the whole dress. The front panels needed self-lining because of the collar, I used plain white because I had it one had. I could have bound the armholes separately but I felt the skirt needed lining because it is simply too sheer, so might as well line the whole thing.
All in all, a lovely new spring dress, I am having so much fun using the new machine. Many more projects on the way.Leah